Are you thinking spring?
Here is an easy, Eco friendly, biodegradable, what else can I say….oh, and a fun way to start your seeds for your garden. Also, a great idea for a gift to someone you love.
You will need:
A sheet of nylon (may use a plastic bag)
- Cut the cover of the egg carton
- Fill the egg carton cups with a little soil
- Lay your seeds in each cup and cover with more soil
- Cut the nylon to be 1” bigger than the egg carton cover.
- place the nylon on top of the egg carton cover, place the egg carton planted cups into the cover.
- Water the seeds
- Once the seedlings are big enough, transplant to a bigger pot or directly into garden. Just cut around the egg carton cups and place the seedling with the carton in the soil. The carton is biodegradable.
You may turn this into a great gift.
In order to do that you will need to keep the egg carton cover attached, decorate the top of the tray, close the tray, tie a ribbon and give to someone you love.
I will update when we have some seedlings.
If you have some extra egg cartons in your recycling box, you may also make some hand-held masks with your kids.